Friday, January 4, 2008

THANK YOU HOME IMPROVEMENT FAIRIES!




So, just a little story behind this event. We don't make large purchases with out lots of thought and research...until this one. A few days before Christmas our microwave went out. Anyone who knows me..knows this is bad news. I was literally talking to Jason on the phone (the next morning) about replacing the broken microwave and was so into the habit of reheating my coffee that i stuck it in there forgetting...duh, doesn't work....so, we replaced it that night.

Well, our thoughtful family had came up with the great idea of getting us this lovely microwave for Christmas...until (our) Christmas morning when they learned...Umm..they already bought it themsleves...so, they went together on the kitchen improvement fund to help us toward the matching Stove purchase and this is how wonderful it looks!

I forgot to take a picture of our sad almond and black stove that the kids used as a trampoline, step stool and whatever else was needed at the time...but, they managed to break the hinges of the door, bend the drawer beyond repair and break the plastic molding off the top of the door..It wasn't pretty but, it worked... Thanks to our thoughtful family we now have one that works and looks great :-) The perfect gift that keeps on giving and we APPRECIATE soo much.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Love the new stove and microwave! I remember thinking something was different and duh I didn't put two and two together. I love all of the Christmas pictures. You put me to shame.